Am I codependent?
Answer the following questions with a simple yes or no.
1. You feel responsible for other people’s feelings, thoughts, actions, choices, and well-being.
2. It is easier for you to feel and express anger about injustices done to others than about injustices done to you.
3. You feel best and most comfortable when you are giving to others.
4. You feel insecure and guilty when someone gives to you.
5. You feel compelled to help people solve their problems.
6. You lose interest in your own life when you are involved with someone.
7. You are often unable to stop talking, thinking and worrying about other people and their problems.
8. You stay in relationships that don’t work and tolerate abuse in order to keep people loving you.
9. You can leave bad relationships only to form new ones that turn out just as bad.
10. You feel empty, bored and worthless if you don’t have someone else to take care of, a problem to solve, or a crisis to deal with.
11. You often have trouble identifying what you are feeling.
12. You often get upset when someone refuses your help.