What is Hapi?
Hapi is a self-care app that helps people navigate through day to day life challenges by by providing active listening as a service. The service is on-demand, 24/7, real time with a real human, over an internet call, and it’s 100% anonymous.
We all experience ups and downs in life. Talking about your problems can release pent-up feelings. Talking to someone outside of the situation may help you find a solution to the problem. That’s where Hapi comes in.
92% of people felt better just after one call on Hapi. Thousands of 5-star app-store reviews
and in-app testimonials.
Why should I use Hapi?
You may want to talk to a listener for many reasons: 1.Manage your emotions without sounding repetitive in your social circle.
When you feel stuck in a job or a relationship, the problems tend to drag on a bit. It’s hard to make a decision yet your friends have probably told you to “move on”. Hapi is useful when you want to manage your emotions without sounding repetitive in your social circle.2.Get additional support in a challenging moment.
There are times when you just need a listening ear, whether it’s going through a breakup, rejected by your dream company or grieving the loss of a pet. Hapi is always there for you in any challenging moment. 88% of people said they felt better after a conversation on Hapi.3.Find a sounding board to take on a new challenge.
Nervous about an interview or an important presentation? Use Hapi as a sounding board to take on these new challenges. 4.Have a judgment-free space to express your thoughts.
Conversations on Hapi are anonymous and securely encrypted. You can express your thoughts to some of the country’s most open-minded people without ever feeling judged.5.Vent and feel better in order to focus on being a better YOU.
Sometimes, you just need to get things off of your chest and feel better so you can focus on being a better YOU.
In addition, this blog post might shed some light on why venting to a stranger is about to become a health trend.
It’s my first time using this app. How does it work?
Hapi currently offers 1-on-1 calls with a listener. These calls are within the Hapi app over the internet, and will not reveal your phone number to the listener for anonymity reasons.
Here’s how to request a listener in the Hapi app:
1. Open your app and select a topic you want to talk about.
2. Write a few words or sentences to give the listener some context.
3. Click ‘Start a Call’. If it’s your first time using the app, you’ll need to grant permission to your phone’s microphone.
4. Next, we’ll look for a verified listener who will be the best match for the topic you requested. This could take from a few seconds to a few minutes (during peak hours or night time).
5. You may close the app while waiting or have the app open. When your listener has entered the chat room, we’ll send you a notification if the app is in the background. Come back to the app when you see the notification.
6. After the listener has accepted the request, you will see a quick view of their bio, ratings and reviews.
7. The connection will happen automatically when you click “ready to talk”.
Who are the listeners?
Listeners on Hapi are vetted and trained individuals with years of experience practicing active listening in their work and life. Listeners are rated after each call and only those with the best quality of service continue to have access to the platform.
Hapi is currently only available in North America. Your listeners come from all 50 States of the United States and parts of Canada.
How much does Hapi cost?
As a welcome gift, we offer 30 minutes free for you to try it out. You can use the promo minutes on one or many calls.
After that, Hapi costs $18 per hour (equivalent to $0.30 per minute) or $0.40 per minute if you choose the Pay-As-You-Go option. With the purchased minutes, you can:
- Use them anytime. They don’t expire.
- Access to experienced listeners.
- Directly request a listener you spoke to and liked in the past.
- Schedule calls and guarantee with your favorite listeners on a regular basis.
See ‘Wallet’ section of the App for details.
I’m nervous about making my first call. What’s happening?
Feeling nervous is normal. Don’t worry. You are not alone. Many of our customers felt nervous in their first call but most of them reported they were glad they did it.
In this blog post
, one Hapi customer explained how she overcame the nervousness and now uses Hapi regularly for her emotional wellbeing. So be proud of yourself that you’ve taken the first step towards feeling better.
Some of you have asked “Can I text?”. The short answer is no. But please allow us to explain why we are committed to being a voice first platform
- We really believe in the power of human voice. It instantly makes us feel less alone and oftentimes, we feel better just from a warm "hello". We are all human beings. It's in our instinct to talk to one another.
- Getting comfortable with calling helps you strengthen your friendships and relationships.
- Communications are synchronous over a call with no delay in reply and no misunderstandings.
I really liked talking to my listener. How can we connect again?
We are glad to hear that! If you enjoyed talking to a listener, their name will appear on your homescreen next time you open the app. There are a few ways you can directly request a listener you spoke with previously:
1. When the listener appears ‘online’, you can click their name and continue the conversation.
2. When the listener appears ‘busy’ or ‘offline’, you can book a guaranteed time with them given their listed availability. If the listener of your choice hasn’t set any availability, you can request a time that would be mutually convenient for the two of you.
Can I talk about anything to a listener?
Hapi is a judgment-free zone. It’s 100% anonymous and confidential. Many of our customers wrote in the reviews that they’ve shared some of their deepest thoughts and feelings with a listener on Hapi that they’ve never even told their closest friends or family. That said, the following topics are not allowed on Hapi and those who violated the guidelines will have their accounts disabled:
- Hate speech: hate speech is defined as a direct attack on people based on protected characteristics such as race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and serious disease or disability.
- Sexual content: Hapi has zero tolerance for sex chats, with or without consent. Accounts involved will be banned.
- Solicitation of other users’ personal information: We take user's privacy very seriously. Conversations on Hapi are secure and confidential. Exchanging personal contacts may expose either party to the risks of their personal information being posted in public and cause undesirable consequences.
If you experience the following issues and wish to speak to someone about it, we recommend reaching out to the professional resources listed below:
- Suicidal thoughts: if you have thoughts of suicde or of harming yourself or others, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
- Domestic Violence: if you experience domestic abuse, please reach out to the National Domestic Hotline at 1-800-799-7233. If you or someone is in immediate danger, call 911 immediately.
- Mental or Physical Health: listeners are not clinical professionals and are not providing a medical or other healthcare service through Hapi. Hapi is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment including behavioral therapy. If you experience a medical emergency, please contact 911 or your physician immediately.